cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade charge when traded handset in

Zeldaqueen
Visitor

Hi there,

I upgraded online back in early December. Even thought the phone was in stock, it still took until 19 December for the phone to be dispatched to me.

I sent my old phone back on the same day, I was advised by Royal Mail that it would not be sent until the Monday (21st) and was subsequently received by the trade-in company on 23 December.

On 24 December I received a text message from EE saying that because my phone had not been traded in, I would be received a £450 charge on my bill.

I’ve subsequently spoken with the customer services team, and they have apparently sent an email to the trade-in company to confirm receipt of my handset. She told me she would call me back on 30 December to confirm I would not be charged but she did not call.

I sent the phone back via special delivery (and I’m glad I did) so I can see the handset has been received and signed for on 23 December.

I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that my bill will not be charged with £450. I was on hold for over an hour to get through to customer service today and gave up in the end.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Zeldaqueen  no one here can confirm anything for you as this is a public forum not customer services. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zeldaqueen

Welcome to the community and thanks for upgrading.

I'd suggest speaking to Brightstar directly so that they can confirm what's happening from their end.

You can find their contact information at the bottom of the Trade In site.

Chris