cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade Anytime price plan

LeightsDTA
Investigator
Investigator

So I'm not sure why but I seem to of hit a point with Upgrade Anytime where I can't be offered anymore than what I'm getting from the price plans.

The rules are you can up grade anytime for a cost within a year, and a year and after it's free which is fine.

You can upgrade your phone but can't stay on the same price plan and you can't go down to a cheaper plan. You have to go up no exceptions.

So my issue is at what point does EE stop taking my money and not giving anymore than what I have which is unlimited everything.

Every year I'd buy a new device that's more money on a plan that I'm getting nothing else/extra for ...+ The 3% price increase as standard .. ? What's the deal here why don't they offer a downgrade? Not to mention if I wanted to cancel this plan I have to pay the whole sum just to get out of the plan.

This can't be right surely?

4 REPLIES 4
Beany96
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Not much you can do, It’s either same price or higher, I Do however think it should be changed, in times where money is tighter than ever for people, I feel they should allow people to go to a cheaper plan, Providing they are giving back the device as end of the day if an IPhone 12 Pro Max that’s £600-£800 trade in value. 

This is my point if you hand back your handset (in the condition they require) and have paid atleast 3 - 6 months AND the £100-£200 upgrade fee why don't they let you downgrade ..it's an actual scam. Wish I'd have stayed with my original plan ..Ill likely leave the network after this to be honest it's not fit for purpose it's a trap.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LeightsDTA

If you choose to use the upgrade anytime part of the contract, you have to hit the criteria and agree to the terms.

Once you're in the last 45 days of your plan, you can then upgrade and choose a cheaper plan if you wish to and keep the device from the previous contract.

Chris

So it only works one way then? to lock you into whatever you decide to take ...you can upgrade and pay as much as you like but you can't go backward even after handing the device back ..that doesn't sound right to me.