cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unhappy with upgrade phone - advised on handset in store.

SophieAdrana
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I upgraded from my Huwaei p20 pro to a Samsung galaxy A51. The only reason I went for the A51 is because the sales rep recommended it over any of the other handsets I was looking at. It was indeed a slightly cheaper deal but I was told I was getting the same quality. I was told samsungs are far more reliable than some other android devices but I beg to differ with this experience. The A51 is awful. Its so laggy and slow (I never leave apps open etc either). One of the main things I look for in a phone is a brilliant camera (which I knew huwaeis excelled in) and again I was told that the camera on this phone is just as good. Its terrible, takes a few seconds to actually take the photo after you click to do so, and as soon as you zoom ever so slightly the quality is so pixilated! I'm a zookeeper and enjoy photographing our animals and its just useless for this!

Basically I'm just very unhappy and feel like I'm wasting my money paying for this phone. Has anyone else experience anything similar and knows if there's anything I can do? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Sorry but because the rep recommended the phone doesn't give you any right to be able to return it.

There is no change of mind policy buying in stores.

The Galaxy A range is Samsungs mid range phones. So you went from a flagship device to a mid range phone.

If you wanted the best camera quality then you should have stuck with Huawei although P40 onwards don't have Google. Hopefully Biden will sort out the ban and allow newer Huawei to have Google again.

Reps will always recommend based on what you tell them, but you don't have to take their advice. You have a range of choice when going into a store and can play with the phones on show.

They always have the A51 on display.

Sorry but there is nothing you can do. Only way you can return it is if you have coverage issues which EE can't fix which you state is not the reason but the phones capabilities.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Just thought it was worth asking.

There were no phones on display or anything due to covid at the time so I kind of feel like if I'd of been able to see the camera quality etc I wouldn't of got it but I was told I couldn't. 

I know huawei cameras are good hense why I said so in my original post, but I was told the camera on the A51 is as good as if not better. So frankly I just feel like I was mis-sold it. Suppose I'll just have to wait till I can do an early upgrade and throw more money away!

Not even the S or Note range of Samsung phone have the camera quality of Huawei.

And they are their flagship devices.

Well I wouldn't know that, not everyone is clued up on things that like that. Hence why I went in store for help and advice. 

Huawei uses Leica for it's cameras. One of the best cameras you can get on the market.

Samsung uses their own.

End of the day the rep would always recommend based on the info you give them. This doesn't mean you have to follow that recommendation.