cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Turkcell simcard

Winduss59
Investigator
Investigator

Hi can anyone help, I am due to go to turkey and they do a tourist sim card through Turkcell, if I purchased a simcard would it work in my Samsung S10+ that I have had over a year now? Many thanks in advance. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Winduss59 

Where did you buy your current phone from? The answer to your question depends on it.

If you bought your phone from EE directly, then it will be locked to only accept EE SIMs and will need unlocking to accept a SIM from any other operator. You can read how to unlock it here 

If you bought your phone from a third-party, then it depends whether it was supplied SIM-locked. It's unlikely to be locked given that such retailers tend to sell to customers of all networks, but the only way to be sure is to try a non-EE SIM in it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Winduss59 

Where did you buy your current phone from? The answer to your question depends on it.

If you bought your phone from EE directly, then it will be locked to only accept EE SIMs and will need unlocking to accept a SIM from any other operator. You can read how to unlock it here 

If you bought your phone from a third-party, then it depends whether it was supplied SIM-locked. It's unlikely to be locked given that such retailers tend to sell to customers of all networks, but the only way to be sure is to try a non-EE SIM in it.