cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Setting up a text helpline

PC1977
Visitor

Hi all,

I need some help! I work for a charity and have been tasked with setting up a text support helpline, the idea is that a person can text a number for advice and support - for example it might say "Text SUPPORT to 55555" (I haven't got the agreed wording yet or the number but it'll be something like this). Does anyone know how I would go about getting this process started? I've not done anything like this before and every attempt I've made to contact other charities for help and phone companies for advice has hit a brick wall. There are loads of other charities out there that have these type of text support lines setup so I can't understand why it's proving so difficult to find out how to set one up! It's also worth noting this is NOT for text donations as we already have that is place (and that is easy to find answers for!), this is purely another way of being able to contact our helpline for advice and support. 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You will need to start with buying a shortcode from an SMS Shortcode provider. Google it! It has nowt to do with EE, Didn't you have to do much the same with your text donations shortcode?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)