cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Server can not be found (away from home)

Dace1953
Visitor

My Apple SE works fine at home connecting to and downloading from the internet. But once I’m out and about the majority of links I try to follow don’t work, including the My EE site.

Error messages such as “internet connection unavailable server cannot be found”, or “Your location can not be found” etc.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dace1953  I take it when your at home your connected to Wi-Fi ? and when your out and about it’s a cellular data connection?  If it is that 2 different connection types.    Have you tried a network reset on the device?    

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Dace1953 ,

You say that when out and about, the majority of links do not work.

What links are you able to successfully visit in a browser? Can you visit news.bbc.co.uk and google.com when on mobile data, for example?

You can also test at home by disabling WiFi and turning on mobile data. This would give you the same configuration as when you are about and about, so you do not need to venture out into the cold to debug your issue.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net