cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

S21+ 5G Restarts randomly

SteveP83
Visitor

I've a S21+ 5G that crashes and reboots.

It started a few months ago and happened maybe once or twice a day. That's now increasing to 20 times a day.

It's not when using a certain apps, it can just be logging in to the phone. Sometimes it crashes, restarts and crashes on the restart ! Then it can go a few hours and it'll be fine.

I've reset the phone, made sure it's on the latest firmware but still no improvement. I've deleted all the apps I don't use. Scanned for viruses and optimised in device care. Still no improvement.

It can also happened with the charger is plugged in. Battery can be anywhere from 10 - 100% and it crashes.

I can't replicate the crash by repeating a certain action or using a certain app. It's completely random which makes me think it's a hardware issue not software.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Would the phone still be under warranty ?

Help / advice appreciated

1 REPLY 1
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@SteveP83 .. I once had a similar thing going on with a Samsung. I uninstalled each app one by one and used the phone for a few hours between each one.  Eventually I found the culprit, deleted it and the problem never returned.  Alternatively it could be a fault with the phone of course.  Good luck!