cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Replacement SIM how long do I need to wait?

sarah1234
Contributor
Contributor

My PAYG sim card stopped working so I ordered a new one online on Monday evening, it says it takes two working days but it's been 4 working days now. How long does this usually take? Should I have received a dispatch email? 

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @sarah1234

Thanks for coming to the community.

SIM Orders can take 2-5 working days to arrive and are delivered by Royal Mail. 

I hope this arrives soon for you.

Leanne.

I've waited 6 working days now, but I've still not received my new SIM card.

I checked my balance and it has definitely taken the 1.50 charge off my balance. I got an email when I ordered it but am I meant to have also received a dispatch email? How am I meant to know if it's even on its way? I've been without a phone for 8 days now

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @sarah1234.

Do you have another phone you can use to give us a call?

If you don't receive this in the post either today or tomorrow, we may need to ask someone to check your account and see what is happening with your order.

Jon

For anyone else with a similar problem, I phoned and was told that the SIM hadn't even been sent yet. Even though I was charged £1.50 and got a confirmation email, apparently something went wrong on the website.

So now I need to wait for another 2 working days for another SIM. 

So don't bother using the online replacement SIM service on the website, it does not work, you'd be quicker phoning.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @sarah1234.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Thanks for coming back to let us know that you got another one sent.

Jon