cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: order confirmed by customer services but no email and no phone

Bahamut1112
Investigator
Investigator

Did your own order get sorted eventually?

I'm having essentially the same issue - I'm a new customer with EE, ordered a phone/pay monthly plan, and I've had no communication from EE or Enjoy barring the confirmation e-mail (SuperFast delivery with Enjoy, time slot of 2PM on Suday 31st March).

I did manage to speak to a rep using the chat system, but he ended up advising me to call on the same phone number which I had on my confirmation e-mail (ending 0156) - the Digital Sales team would apparently be unable to see my account details on their end (he seemed to be able to at least find a trace of it) as it is new, and has not been activated yet. The Phone team, apparently, can do so.

Unfortunately, after more than 70 calls between ~2:30 and now, I have had no luck even getting anything other than an automated 'we're busy' message (which hangs up afterwards, bit odd for a customer services-type phone line to not have a queuing system of some sort, though this may be due to coronavirus that this is not in place at the moment) or nothing at all for 35 seconds, after which it hangs up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bahamut1112,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you have had issues getting in touch to discuss your order.

Have you been able to speak to someone yet?

Thanks

James

Unfortunately not - I will be trying again during my lunch break, as I am working today (keyworker, so not working from home at the moment) 

James_B

Let us know how you get on @Bahamut1112

Thanks

James

Sorted, as far as I am aware. I'm going to give a basic (if perhaps a bit longwinded) explanation as to how my particular issue was resolved (I was going to explain the particular issue, but am not sure if, due to the fact that my issue revolves around a cap on what I can have as a monthly bill, I am allowed to go into any detail on that). I've also specifically mentioned EE Perks as an advisory.

I was given the number for the digital sales team by one of the web chat agents (same first seven digits, but ending 0531 instead of 0156 as was in my confirmation e-mail - if anybody has this issue with a delivery not arriving with no contact from EE, and cannot get through via 0156, I would suggest that you try 0531, which will allow you to actually reach the Sales team to enquire about the order, as I got through to someone near instantly this evening, after 83 attempts on Sunday and three today for 0156, all of which failed) and was able to resolve the issue.

In my case, due to the nature of my specific issue I had to pick out a cheaper phone/contract to actually proceed with the order (Credit score can limit the price of contracts you can get). The Sales team were able to talk me through options, and go through a somewhat truncated repeat of the order process over the phone (copying/transferring as much as possible from my original order, just reconfirming a few things), after which I received another e-mail confirming the order went through OK. Had to settle for DPD delivery rather than Superfast, so I have had to delay until Wednesday as I was already not going to be going into the office that day (technically working from home, though it is just professional development due to the nature of my job) - I can confirm that I received the phone on Wednesday, if necessary.

FYI, if you are eligible for EE Perks (Discount for eligible companies, including, as far as I am aware, a good proportion of the emergency services, which was how I now about it), you will likely need a new code to apply the discount if you have to pick a different phone as I did, as the code used in the original order will not be usable for the 'new' order. While this doesn't apply to everyone, I figured I would mention it as it may be useful knowledge.

Personally, I do wish that there was some warning flag raised, either during the ordering process or an automated e-mail stating that "there is an issue, please call the Sales team for more information" after the order has been placed, but at least it appears to have been resolved now.

The worst part of this process (and admittedly, I do recognise that COVID-19 is likely at least partially the cause, and that the situation will improve as lockdown eases) is that for new customers, it proves rather difficult to actually speak to someone from EE when there is an issue with the order. I could think of a few improvements that may help, as follows: 

1. Make it so that the Digital Sales team are reachable via the web chat on EE Help
  2. Make it simpler to get the direct numbers when there is issues with the phone line (alternatively, provide a list of contact e-mail addresses for specific teams (as a mailbox, rather than direct addresses for individual team members - e.g. DigitalSales@EE.co.uk, for example. Not sure if this actually exists already in some form, but it would be useful)
  3. During the actual order process, require logging into an existing MyEE account (for upgrades) or the creation of a new MyEE account (New customers), and link the order to the individual's account directly during the order process - similar to other online ordering systems, where you can at least see the order, and in some cases, track it. This would also allow help to be obtained via MyEE)

Hopefully the above is able to help people in the future who have this issue.
Katie_B

Good Morning @Bahamut1112

Thanks for providing the details of how your issue was resolved. 

I hope you love your new phone. 

Take care, 

Katie 🙂

I have exactly the same issue.  I upgraded online on a business account, had an order confirmation but no details as to when / if a phone will be sent out.

There is no on-line way of pinging the service along.  The tracking function is only for DPD after you have delivery details.  

I also unlocked on existing handset on-line and have had no email conformation of that..

And yes I am checking my spam folder..

If I log on to my account its as if nothing has happened?  

come on EE...  You are better than this.  Sort it out.

Katie_B

Good Morning @SteveIsAwesome

Thanks for joining the EE Community. 

When did you upgrade?

When did you process your unlock?

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie B,

Yesterday about this time for the unlock;

Yesterday at about 13:00 for the upgrade, ref: 200602-001139

I'd just like to know its in progress and be able to plan when I need to be available for the delivery.

Thanks.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @SteveIsAwesome

Did you process these requests online or over the phone?

Katie 🙂