cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: old 'dumb' phone locked to t-mobile can I use an EE payg sim?

yeseok1_1
Explorer

are you sure? I can just walk to the nearest shop and buy one but i dont want to waste me money, the box says "for use exclusively with the T-mbile service" i dont really understand the ee/t-mobile relation

7 REPLIES 7

Hi I recently bought an old phone online and I am starting to think without a t-mobile sim it is useless but I cannot see a way to buy these sim cards in the UK, can I use an ee sim card or is it that highly unlikely to work when it says t-mobile on the phone, box packaging and everything else

yeseok1_1
Explorer

Ok, I am off to buy one, will update thank you David

I bought the sim card and its asking me for a code, but I don't know what the phone number is I cannot see it on the packaging or card that came with it

Ok I found the number and have added it to my profile but it asks me for a code, but when I have the sim in the phone it also asks me for a code so how am i going to receive a code? the sim in the phone wants a code, it is the only thng on the screen and i cannot navigate the phone it seems without this code but ,my EE profile also wants a code

The phone just says enter phone code? Please enter your code...

i have no idea what code it wants so i just typed in the PUK from the sim packet and on the screen it has an 8.30hr countdown....... this  is hopeless

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @yeseok1_1

Thanks for coming to the community.

Does the phone still show the same message today after the countdown?

If so, could you let me know the message that shows on the screen, does this still ask for a phone code?

Speak soon.

Leanne.