cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

No luck trying to unlock my Samsung A71

Hayet
Investigator
Investigator

Hello

I have been with EE since March 2021 and got a 2 year deal including a Samsung A71 but after months of hating using it, I went back to an iPhone and bought one outright.

i want to give the Samsung phone to my dad but the phone cannot be unlocked online. I’m happy to pay the £8.99 fee and also tried to call but keeping being on hold for ages and nobody picks up! 
It’s very annoying that the online form says ‘sorry we can’t unlock this phone as we don’t recognise it to be locked to EE, Orange or T-mobile’

When I put my dad’s SIM card in, it is dry much locked!

help please

thanks 

hayet

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hayet,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to help you unlock your phone if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hayet  If your having issues with the online form then you’ll have to call. 

thanks - I’ve tried to call 3 times and give up after over 30 minutes wait every time…..will have to try again but really don’t understand why we can’t just have a form online! What is the point of the online account if for the simplest query you have to call. 

Thanks - when I follow the link it takes me to options which always end with having to call again? Is that right? 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where did you yourself get this device itself originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a 3rd-party reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I bought it direct from EE