cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Third party service MSFT Store

AndrewHolden
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have had exactly the same tonight. 10 payments to MSFT store on my sons number. Nobody in the family has a Microsoft account or any Microsoft software/hardware and I was told by EE to talk to Microsoft because it is a 3rd party that has taken the payment.

Microsoft have no recoed of my son's number or what the payments are and said they cannot do anything.

EE won't help chase this as they say they don't have the information. They have put me in contact with the PSAuthority.

EE don't seem to care that their service and customers are obviously being scammed. I'm sure they are happy as they have £147 of my money in the meantime.

52 REPLIES 52

Hi Becks. Thanks loads for the info. I have struggled to get anywhere with Microsoft and am going to get a pack together to deliver to their Head Office as you did. There is plainly a big issue with hacking going on either Microsoft or EE. I will certainly not let the matter drop as it around the £790 mark that has been put through fraudulently. It is definately not my son doing any of this and am so stressed with it, it is affecting my sleep. will keep you informed.

I have received charges too on my account (phone used by my son). Can I block additional purchases made on the account, as requested when I took out the contract?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @paulg7

Welcome to the community.

I've found this handy Microsoft help page that explains how to set up family controls and restrictions on your Microsoft account.

Chris