cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Mis-sold in EE Store

Eob888
Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone else been Mis-sold or mislead a contract whilst visiting an EE store?  
I am paying £13 more on my contract than what was agreed. I am now into the second month of the contract and I wasn’t overly concerned with the first bill as the salesperson told me I’d pay slightly higher for the first month, due to the account adjusting to the new contract. I don’t understand why this happens?

I have contacted EE but they informed me to contact the store directly, which I shall do this week at the earliest opportunity. However, I can’t find my original contract so I don’t know what I signed but I do know what was said verbally, as does my partner who was sitting besides me but I feel this can’t be used as evidence.  
I’ve purchased from this store before and never had an issue, I do believe I was mislead and they are in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations.
I signed the contract on good faith but I also failed to read fully the contract before I signed, this isn’t something I have a habit of doing and I’m annoyed at myself for this error too. 

EE customer service offered me a £30 discount but it doesn’t go anywhere near the extra £312 I’ll have to pay to see out this contract. 
I will be contacting Trading Standards as I feel that they have mislead me, although I doubt they’ll be able to help me but at least they’ll have this incident logged should anyone else report them as I doubt I’m not alone here. 
The morale of the story is: always read the contract fully before signing regardless of how helpful or sincere the salesperson comes across. 
EE I hope that you read this and re-train your store staff not to break the law. However, you’ve just lost a loyal customer as I shall never enter into a contract with EE again. 

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Eob888

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Do you have any discount showing in your My EE app and then plan and add-ons? 

Thanks.

Leanne. 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Eob888 ,

Did you verbally agree a price (A) with the sales person but they incorrectly prepared paperwork which specified an incorrect price (B) which you did not pick up until later?

Typically this happens by accident where there is a discussion of a cheaper contract (A) but the customer wants a little additional data or other features so the sales person may start talking about a slightly more expensive contract (B) but this is not clear to the customer.

I would recommend to look into whether a Plan with price (A) exists and to compare it to the Plan in the paperwork (B) to see what the difference is. Assuming that (A) does exist, the first strategy would be to approach the sales person or his or her manager with your concern that you verbally agreed (A) but incorrect paperwork was prepared for (B) which you did not know about.

If (B) was specified explicitly and clearly in the paperwork, the sales person should have drawn your attention to the price (B) but it may be a little tricky to claim misrepresentation if (B) was sufficiently clear.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

No, no add-ons or discounts appear in the My EE app. The EE customer service representative stated (via 150) that this must of been what was agreed on the day of purchase and I need to visit the store. Whatever the outcome, I am not a happy customer. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Eob888

Thanks for checking. 

Could you let us know how you get on after getting in touch with the store?

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

I shall indeed be in-touch after I have spoken to the store. 

Leanne_T

Thanks @Eob888

Hope you get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.