cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Third party service MSFT Store

AndrewHolden
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have had exactly the same tonight. 10 payments to MSFT store on my sons number. Nobody in the family has a Microsoft account or any Microsoft software/hardware and I was told by EE to talk to Microsoft because it is a 3rd party that has taken the payment.

Microsoft have no recoed of my son's number or what the payments are and said they cannot do anything.

EE won't help chase this as they say they don't have the information. They have put me in contact with the PSAuthority.

EE don't seem to care that their service and customers are obviously being scammed. I'm sure they are happy as they have £147 of my money in the meantime.

52 REPLIES 52
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RichieK0892

I am sorry to hear this has not been resolved for you.

These are not EE services and are charged by the company that provided these services, if you can try contacting Microsoft again, they will be able to get this looked into for you.

Leanne.

They have been of no help whatsoever. Can EE get either a UK emil or phone number for all of us to contact Microsoft. Not an overseas call centre

Leanne_T

Hi @RichieK0892

If you give us a call on 150, our Mobile Care team can locate the charges and let you know all the contact details we have for Microsoft.

Leanne.

I did call you on 150. You sent me Microsoft online reporting address. Its an overseas team, couldnt help. Said would call back and didnt. I need a uk contact number or email address

Leanne_T

Hi @RichieK0892

I am sorry to hear this, if you can call us again on 150 the team will see what they can do to help.

Leanne.

I have a heart problem and this isnt helping. I am so upset. EE have processed £800 worth of transactions from MSFT that I have not made and I am hitting a brickwall. Please help

Leanne_T

Hello @RichieK0892

I am very sorry to hear this, we have no account access on the community to check the charges for you.

When did Microsoft advise they would call you?

Have they advised they would get the charges looked into when you have emailed them?

Leanne.

They said would call back and didnt and cant even tell me what the sales order numbers are for as they say they dont exist.  Can you escalate this to someone in authority to do something about it. It is really affecting my health now

Leanne_T

Hi @RichieK0892

I have sent you a private message for some extra details.

Leanne.

Hi @RichieK0892

I did get it resolved, it took a few weeks and constant persistence,

Here’s what I did, 

Firstly I cancelled my DD, not the most advisable but at that point I wasn’t going to pay for something I haven’t used. 

I got in touch with EE, multiply times with no real help until I requested to speak to management, there is 3 tiers you can escalate too.

I also explained I asked for no additional charges to be made when I set up the account and asked them to listen to the conversation when I opened the account unfortunately they only hold calls for 3 months, 

i then used the web chat on Microsoft’s web page, and asked them to verify the transactions to which they can’t provide you much but you can request your information off them and they can prove that the transactions do not belong to your Microsoft account, ask them to open a case and take screenshots of the conversation!.

I then wrote a letter to EE customer services hub in Newcastle and sent it tracked!, explaining exactly what has happened with details on my interactions at present with Both EE and MIcrosoft, explain that you wish for the issue to be resolved within 2 weeks if not a complaint to OFCOM will be made. 

Gather your evidence and once the time is up make a formal complaint to OFCOM, EE can provide you with the detail for this!, 

I had resolved this within 2 weeks with all evidence ready to provide, EE refunded me before I needed to complain. 

Keep a cool head and keep calling. If they they offer you a £30 credit do not accept!. 

Please reach out if you need any more help!

Do not be discouraged!

Becks