cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Refund on hospital bedside phone charge

Chopley
Visitor

Are hospital bedside phone charges still being refunded and is there anything that I need to do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chopley,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, you won't pay a penny when calling a hospital bedside phone. You don't need to do anything yourself to arrange a refund.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chopley   Can you please provide a link to where you have read this. 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chris_B There's been several posts about it like this one but I've never seen an end date mentioned.

Hospitals should find a way to stop using 087 numbers instead of networks refunding them though!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chopley,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, you won't pay a penny when calling a hospital bedside phone. You don't need to do anything yourself to arrange a refund.

Hope this helps.

James

Hi just queried my most recent bill and have been told the service charge has been reinstated, but they were unsure of the date can you verify. Thanks

Hi @scbtri72

Thanks for posting about this.

I've looked into it and from 01 April 2021, we've reinstated these charges and customers will be charged for calls made to NHS 087 service numbers.

You can see the access and service charge for these calls in our Terms and Conditions for EE customers.

Thanks.

Chris. 

Thanks Chris,

Just a little surprised that previous post didn't mention that company intented to reinstate charges at the start of the next calendar month. I would have thought it must have been under consideration as it happened in less that 3 weeks, and billing system changes usually take some level of planning and change control.

Steve

This is absolutely disgusting, hospitals are still not allowing visitors and the ward where my daughter is has no internet or phone signal. She is there alone, very frightened and anxious after a major op and EE are making money from this. I am faced with a £118 bill of extra charges all from the last 3 days where I have had to deal with my daughter crying on the end of a phone when I can’t end the call for the sake of her mental health. Completely immoral and outrageous. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Acole-man1.

I'm really sorry to hear about this, I hope your daughter is ok.

Hospital phone charges were reinstated earlier this year, you can find the list of charges in our EE Terms and Conditions.

Jon