cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges to 0872 (hospital bedside)

Jellen06
Explorer

Have EE dropped their 65p a minute charge for this? Other phone providers have but I’ve been charged twice for the same call to my dad who had a stroke so can’t use his mobile. 

35 REPLIES 35
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Jellen06 

Firstly I suspect you've not been charged twice, but the call has two entries on your bill. In common with all 084 & 087 numbers, you will have an Access Charge (paid to EE) & a Service Charge (paid via EE, to the owner of the number).

This page explains further, as does this Ofcom page 

I'd be very interested to see any other phone providers who have dropped their Access Charge, because you'd still be liable for the Service charge in any case.

It's a sad reality that 084 & 087 numbers are very expensive to call.

I’ve just called and talked to someone and they’ve explained the charges and also said that from mid April any calls to hospital bedside phones (087) they will credit the amount when your payment is due so you don’t pay it, I assume this is just EEs charge and you will still pay hospedias 13p a min charge. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Jellen06

Thanks for coming to the community.

I hope your Dad is ok.

Our customers won’t pay a penny when they call hospital bedside phones, we’re recrediting all customers who called since 1st March, we will add this to your bill automatically.

Thanks.

Leanne.

@Leanne_T 

That's certainly good news for people calling these numbers, but are you able to confirm..

Which number ranges will this apply to, as I'm sure non-hospital services share some similar numbers?

Will this waiver include the Service Charge, to make the call 100% free? Or just the Access charge?

I'm sure these answers may help avoid a few billing queries!

Leanne_T

Hi @bristolian

Credits will be applied for calls to 087 hospital numbers, the full charge of the call may still show on the bill but there will also be a credit of exactly the same amount.

We are automatically crediting back any calls made to premium rate hospital bedside phones after 1st March. Customers don’t need to contact us, we will add this to the bill automatically.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne_T

Please confirm that the refunds for these hospital calls also apply to payg customers.

What would the timescale be for the refunds to be applied?

Leanne_T

Hi @Monty47 

Thanks for coming to the community.

Our customers won’t pay a penny when they call hospital bedside phones, have you been charged for making calls to a hospital bedside phone on your pay as you go account?

If so, how long ago were the calls made?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi

Yes, I've been charged for calls made on 09/06/20. There's no sign of any refund yet.

I'll PM my details in case you need to look at my account.

Thanks

@Monty47 

HI

Could you please have a look at my account?  I still haven't received a refund for the calls on 09/06/20.

Thanks

@Monty47