cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Ombudsman

SandraG3
Visitor

I’m having a similar situation.  Both my iPhone and iWatch were out of contract and fully paid off, so I only should have been paying for services.  EE continued to charge me for the cost of phone and cost of watch plus for ee services.  They said it was my fault for not telling them items out of contract, but they had sent information to show they were aware and would give me a discount to make up for this error.  Then they started to charge me the full amount again as if I hadn’t paid for the phone and watch and they do not want to rectify or pay me back.  So I now have to take the case to the ombudsman.  Also some of the members of their team are not pleasant either.  This is fraudulent behaviour.  Good luck with your case against ee.

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SandraG3 : EE has no concept of paying off the device. You agreed to pay the same price for the full duration of the contract. There will however be a 10% discount 3 months after the end of min. term. You may always choose to upgrade your contract to a cheaper SIM-Only contract within the last 45 days of your contract term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @SandraG3 ,

According to Ofcom, in 2019, EE committed to

reduce their prices for customers out of contract for more than three months. Both companies will confirm the level of this discount before the end of the year. We expect their discount to take into account the level of savings available if customers switched to a comparable SIM-only tariff.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/new-measures-fairness-for-mobi...

You will want to check with the service provider whether or not this is still in effect.

It's possible your question arises after receiving a text message regarding an "end of contract" discount. You may need to chase this up via an online chat or a call to 150 if this has not been applied in the timescale which you expect.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/leaving-ee/end-of-contract-notification...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

The advice that mikeliuk has offered is the same as @XRaySpeX was alluding to when he said...

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@SandraG3 : EE has no concept of paying off the device. You agreed to pay the same price for the full duration of the contract. There will however be a 10% discount 3 months after the end of min. term.