cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pre order delivery

DrSteve
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi there.

I just pre ordered the Note 9 which I'm pretty excited about 🙂

The last phone I pre ordered was the Galaxy S8. Like the S8 the Note 9 is due for a Friday release date and I have been  told delivery will be 24th August. The issue I had last time was that EE ship the phones using DPD. I have no problem with DPD apart from the fact that they don't do next day delivery to Northern Ireland - it's a 2 day service. My S8 was shipped on the Thursday and didn't arrive on release day as I was promised on several occasions. I am concerned that this will happen again. To add to the problem the following Monday is a bank holiday so if shipped on 23/8 the phone will not arrive until 28/8.

I realise that this isn't the end of the world but there's something nice about getting something new on release day and that's part of the whole pre order experience.

I raised the 2 day delivery issue with EE after the delay with the S8 and was really hoping for some reassurance that this is now taken into consideration so that the customers in N. Ireland get their orders on the same day as the rest of the UK. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DrSteve

Welcome to the community and thank you for pre-ordering your Samsung Galaxy Note9 with EE. 🙂

Did you pre-order through the website?

Chris

DrSteve
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sort of. I used the web chat to place the order and made an amendment to the colour on the phone this morning.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @DrSteve

We do still use DPD as a delivery service. When pre-ordering, you still aren't guaranteed delivery on launch day, regardless of where you are in the UK.

The latest advice on the EE store is that expected dispatch is within 14 days for both colours.

Chris

DrSteve
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That's ok. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Somebody at Samsung needs to stop picking a Friday for new phone launches though!! Especially before a back holiday weekend 🙂

Christopher_G

Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery for you @DrSteve. 🙂

Chris

DrSteve
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Credit where credit is due. The phone arrived on Friday 24th by DPD next day!! Very happy with the new toy. Just need to persuade the other half that I need a Galaxy watch to go with it!

Christopher_G

Amazing news, @DrSteve. 😄

You'll have to earn some brownie points 🙂

Chris