cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel 4a and Samsung Active 2

MerlinWarlock
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I ordered and received a Galaxy Active 2 Smartwatch which arrived on Monday on an EE 4G plan.

The watch works fine in every respect except that when I'm away from the phone the 4G isn't available. I've tried explaining this to EE customer services but they don't seem to understand (or don't want to). 

Does anyone know how I activate the 4G on the watch. The wearable app also says EE don't support mobile plans??

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_B
EE Employee

Hi @MerlinWarlock

Thanks for coming to the community about this.

It's great to hear you've got yourself a Samsung Active 2, they are so good.

To set up the watch on 4G you'll need to download the Galaxy Wearable App.

Once you have that you can see how to get everything set up on our How Do I Use My Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G page.

Thanks 

Chris

Thanks for that reply. I have installed the wearable app. Every aspect of
the watch works without problem except the watch 4g.

I've spoken to EE customer services a few moments ago and they confirm that
the 4g function will not work with anything apart from a Samsung phone.
This was not pointed out at the time.

I think this is annoying. The watch is brilliant and works in every other
respect with the phone but I am paying for a plan I can't use.

Regards
Brian

A further thought arises from this. As EE are pushing these with a plan but not explaining you MUST have certain Samsung phones to activate the 4g, why can't EE themselves activate their own SIM in the phone. It is there SIM after all!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MerlinWarlock

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I am sorry the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G can only be connected to compatible Samsung devices and selected plans on our EE network.

If you would like to discuss your options, please get in touch with our Mobile Care team on 150. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne for getting back to me. Every aspect of the watch syncs and works perfectly with my Pixel 4a EXCEPT activation of the 4g facility which is the but that needs certain Samsung phones to activate. 

My point is that as this contains an EE SIM (the watch has a mobile number) why can't you activate that SIM from your end?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MerlinWarlock

The set up is complete through the Galaxy Wearable App and would need a compatible Samsung device. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.