cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Google Pixel 6 Pro already activated. I got used phone.

Bigspin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I ordered Pixel 6 pro 256GB on 17th November. EE dispatched phone on 19th and today I received it. Upon checking the box I noticed it's resealed. Definitely original seal is broken. So I didn't opened the box. 

I checked the Google warranty service and it says warranty cover  ending 16th November 2023. That mean someone first activate it on 16th . A day before I ordered the phone.

Can EE sell box opened phone as new? Isn't it against the law to do that. It's been activated once.

EE need to sell it as like new, not as brand new phone.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bigspin  You need to contact customer services about this.   

I'm really annoyed that they sent me used phone. I initially ordered iphone 13 pro and then they said have to wait more than 28 days (this is after when I order rep said selected model available to dispatch).

After a week of waiting I decide to switch to Pixel and rep said it'll take few days to deliver. Then this happens.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bigspin,

If the box has been opened and resealed, it just means it has been quality checked before dispatch. A number of handsets from each batch are routinely checked. 

Hope this helps.

James

I attached a picture. Your explanation makes more sense as its kind of hard to believe someone opened and turn on the device on 16th then returned the device back to EE and by 19th they can again dispatch it to me. 

But its not hard for them to attach a sticker informing customer about this kind of checks. Simple sticker with "New item, opened and resealed by EE after routine inspection" is all they need.

IMG_20211122_123738.jpg

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for your feedback @Bigspin

James