cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Requested an unlock but it still hasn't gone through

mimimoo_89
Visitor

Hi, hoping somebody can help on this one.  I requested an unlock on my device last week via my online account, went through all the steps and got to the final page that says something along the lines of thank you for submitting your request you will get an email within 3 hours and be charged £8.99 on your next bill (I've done this twice now) but have received nothing through.  I tried the phone this morning with an alternate sim card to see if it had unlocked but sadly it hasn't.  Can someone help please as I don't want to find I'm being charged £8.99 per time for nothing to actually happen.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mimimoo_89

Welcome to the community. 

If you get in touch with our Mobile Care team, they will be happy to check the unlock request for you, they will also give you an update on when this will be complete for you.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where did you yourself get this device itself originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a 3rd-party reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different. Was it originally on contract or PAYG? How old is it? EE won't unlock contract devices less than 6 months old.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)