cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel 3 Delays

Jieke_JK
Investigator
Investigator

TLDR - Why was this communicated so late?

So from what I've seen most, if not all, orders for Pixel 3 & 3 XL have been delayed until at least Nov 8th/9th (estimated date) and reading other people's posts on this all I've seen is explanations that 'estimated dates' aren't guarantees. While I agree with that and I'm not about to take it out on staff at EE who have no control over this, it seems like the actual issue is being skirted around: why were the delays communicated so late?

I checked the status of my order around 20:00 last night and all was fine, then at 20:35 I receive a text to say it will be delayed. Looking into this today it seems people who ordered directly from Google have had their delivery dates changed multiple times since pre-ordering so if this has been an on-going issue for the past month why did the communication from EE go out so late?

I've had to speak to customer services on a few occasions as my update emails kept 'confirming' the incorrect delivery address and now after all that there's at least another week of hoping it actually goes to the right place. But back to the point: the delay itself isn't the issue, the last-minute communication is the problem. People have taken time off work for deliveries, made arrangements, now need to make new arrangements for new estimated delivery dates, not even mentioning people who would've had to pay more to upgrade early - and I still haven't seen any explanation for why it was left until 20:35 the night before to advise of the delay. Did Google cancel last-minute delivery or have you known for a few days and hoped they'd sort it out in time?

Yes, I know... manufacturer's delay.

13 REPLIES 13
johnbeynon
Visitor

When I cancelled my EE PIxel3 Preorder yesterday I was told that the device "failed testing" and would be a few weeks before deliveries start. The agent even mentioned "Samsung Note" in the same sentance too.

I originally ordered my pixel 3 XL 128g in black on the 10th October and received an order confirmation email. I then spoke to customer services a week later to check something on my new contract and was told that my order had been cancelled due to the card I had used for my order not being the same card used for the direct debit (my card had expired and I received a new one from the bank). I had not been told about this cancellation and if I had not contacted we I would have been waiting for a phone that wasn't coming.

I then reordered my phone on the 17th October and was assured that my phone wouldn't be delayed and I would get it on launch day. 

I like everyone else received notification that my phone was being despatched and then it was being delayed .

I have also been experiencing issues with the network and have been told there is an outage in my area.

To hear other carriers have phones in stock is VERY disappointing.

Ee keep promoting the fact they are the best carrier for the last 5 years but it doesn't appear they are showing this to their customers.

Had to create a account to state how ee have just lost me as a customer!!!

Started couple of months ago ordered broadband off ee a good price all ordered ready to go.. 3 weeks later no Internet still.. I call up and get told they took the wrong phone line so instead of phoneing to let me know they just decided to chancel the order... So I had to re order and spend nearly £60 on additional data which got partial refunded.... Eventually over a month later it got sorted..

Upgrade time went to an ee shop he said I have a choice of s9 or p20 Pro . Went home to have a think called the upgrade team and got told I would receive my p20 Pro the next day as I was due to go on holiday.... Guess what it never arrived I called up to get told it was on back order for 2 weeks...in a rage I was done cancel my phone contracts and Internet.. A manager managed to calm me down by offering me a pixel 3 brill it's been ages since I've had a brand spanking phone well excited...

So I got the initial delay from the 1st to the 8th-9th bit unhappy but its only a week... Now I've just got another text through to say it's not coming tomorrow or Friday there is no confirmed delivery date .....

Well done ee I've been with you 10 years and within 2 months have lost yourself a £100+ a month customer 

This company is an absolute joke.

More delays!!!!

Every other carrier has them.

Caroline warehouse are even selling them with we contracts.

It's ridiculous how they can't get this right