cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel 3 Delays

Jieke_JK
Investigator
Investigator

TLDR - Why was this communicated so late?

So from what I've seen most, if not all, orders for Pixel 3 & 3 XL have been delayed until at least Nov 8th/9th (estimated date) and reading other people's posts on this all I've seen is explanations that 'estimated dates' aren't guarantees. While I agree with that and I'm not about to take it out on staff at EE who have no control over this, it seems like the actual issue is being skirted around: why were the delays communicated so late?

I checked the status of my order around 20:00 last night and all was fine, then at 20:35 I receive a text to say it will be delayed. Looking into this today it seems people who ordered directly from Google have had their delivery dates changed multiple times since pre-ordering so if this has been an on-going issue for the past month why did the communication from EE go out so late?

I've had to speak to customer services on a few occasions as my update emails kept 'confirming' the incorrect delivery address and now after all that there's at least another week of hoping it actually goes to the right place. But back to the point: the delay itself isn't the issue, the last-minute communication is the problem. People have taken time off work for deliveries, made arrangements, now need to make new arrangements for new estimated delivery dates, not even mentioning people who would've had to pay more to upgrade early - and I still haven't seen any explanation for why it was left until 20:35 the night before to advise of the delay. Did Google cancel last-minute delivery or have you known for a few days and hoped they'd sort it out in time?

Yes, I know... manufacturer's delay.

13 REPLIES 13
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jieke_JK,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I’m sorry that we were unable to let you know about the revised delivery date earlier than we did. We let all customers that pre-ordered know as soon as the delay was confirmed.

Thanks

James

That is not true. The delay was confirmed days before I got the text. 

And if not for calling as relentless I have been calling, I won't have known till this morning when I am supposed to be receiving my device. 

Even better is in the last 10 minutes my new contract began and the order tracking is no longer in MyEE. So I'm now paying for a handset which I haven't received and I can't see a way to track the expected delivery date anymore.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jieke_JK,

It sounds like your phone has been dispatched.

You should receive a text message with tracking details soon.

Thanks

James

I've had to create an account on here to give my two cents as well.

I've had nothing but issues when going through a simple upgrade process.

My initial order had been confirmed, great! I was happy and just had to wait.

I then, a couple of days later, received another email where the delivery address was:

1) Incorrect (a mix of both my old and current address)

2) Incorrect as I had ordered it to the store as I'm a normal human being who works during the week.

Upon contacting customer services several times, and being given several different explanations ranging from 'you changed your billing address, call DPD yourself to change the address' to 'it was a glitch' I left it after being assured it would indeed be delivered to store.

I had received no further updates until a day ago when I received a text message saying it was all good to go.

I checked MyEE and it indeed said that dispatch expected in the next 24 hours.

Great, new phone soon!

NOT.

At 08:30 PM, FOUR HOURS BEFORE LAUNCH, I am then sent a text message informing me of a delay In an incredibly patronising manner with no substantial information. 

You guys must have been aware of this issue before that time. It's not really something you can deny unless you are running a cowboy operation.

I then visited two of my local EE stores when they opened and they had both received no Pixels of any sort. 

Out of curiosity, I visited a O2 store (In Stock) and Carphone Warehouse (In Stock).

So the, alleged, biggest and best network in the UK is unable to secure sufficient orders?

I was offered a measly £15 credit for this inconvenience. If my device doesn't arrive before next Wednesday, or no real answers that aren't wishy-washy-snowflake are given, I will be leaving EE and advising my wife to do the same also.

This is a joke, valued customers my backside.

Echo, I had the same issues with the delivery address. I ordered to my local store (I can't just take a day off work for a delivery) but the update emails kept stating my home address. I was told twice it would be delivered correctly and once that they couldn't see the details and to call back.

Today after my contract started I was told by live chat my phone must have been delivered. Customer Services over phone didn't have access to the orders as there's some sort of issue affecting access for all staff. Went down to the store and nothing received... just come back in about a week.

Now I need to speak to customer services again tomorrow as I'm on a much more expensive contract without the handset - fun!

Hi James,

I'll keep an eye on it. Live chat told me it must have already been delivered which isn't the case.

I'm surprised my upgraded contract would've started already given the delays but if the handset gets here tomorrow I'm fine with it. If the handset isn't here for another week I'm not paying the full price of this month when I haven't received the full package.

Fingers-crossed for tomorrow I guess.

Well, I ordered on the 10th October. Paid to upgrade early, have received nothing but my first confirmation email, and £139 out of my bank on that day, and zip all from EE about delay. Was told by online chat no compensation was being given to anyone and not informed about how this affects my current phone and contract.

It doesn't seem like live chat has much information to give on the situation - the people I spoke to didn't even know there's delays with the Pixels and insisted my order must have been delivered.

I was told in store I can speak to customer services about refunding for the period I don't have the handset so I'd recommend calling if you're looking for compensation. I've seen a few people commenting to say they've been offered goodwill gestures etc so I wouldn't believe the live chat agent who told you nobody is receiving compensation for this.

Especially in your case having paid for early upgrade - had you waited another month to when the Pixels will (supposedly) be available I'm sure your upgrade cost would've been lower.