cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Phone repair Return

ThomasTea
Explorer

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help. My phone repair was posted back too EE six days ago but has not still arrived at the shop. I spoke to a assistant via chat who advised me to contact SBE, who repair EE devices. Surely it should not be done to me to contact the repair company for a tracking number and EE should be able to do this ?, given I haver paid for the repair.

5 REPLIES 5
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @ThomasTea ,

After you posted it, was it acknowledged as received?

The key point is which party is currently responsible for the device and it could be yourself, the courier, or the recipient.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi Mike, the phone was posted for repair by EE, delayed repair due to parts being out of stock. Tracking says it was sent back to EE 6 days ago via the EE tracking system. A customer rep explained to me I needed to contact the repair company for DPDs tracking. 

Hi @ThomasTea ,

I would guess you purchased the phone from the service provider and therefore your contract is with the service provider and you have nothing to do with the repair company.

If you handed over the phone to EE for repair and they posted it, I feel it is EE's responsibility not to lose it and you would be doing their job for them to be chasing the company they have decided to use in outsourcing the repair.

The questions I would have in my mind would be whether EE has lost your property, and will they replace that phone if they have lost it. Most likely it will turn up but it's a question of when it will turn up and will it be horribly inconvenient for the customer.

You could go to a store (making sure to socially distance and wearing a mask) and escalate through a few people until you hit someone who doesn't have time to find a lost phone.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM

@mikeliuk no one has stated about the phone being lost. Why have you brought this up?

Stating to go into store and just sitting there until they give in is just wrong also. The store staff don't need the abuse and they will be taking up a spot for someone else as covid will only allow so many people inside the store at any given time.

It is not hard for @ThomasTea to just call SBE to get this information. Yes EE could have just done it but there is a quick solution here. Just call SBE for the info.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I agree that no one on this thread has "stated about the phone being lost".

We can read the above and see this is not claimed anywhere. My apologies if anything I have written has wrongly implied this.

--