cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PS5 offer: I'm am not happy by being mislead by EE

Hardy__420
Visitor

I recently discovered an amazing offer by EE, which gave me the opportunity to order a PS5 and pay for it in instalments over a 11 month period. After visiting the EE online shop I confirmed that this offer actually existed and there were a vast variety of additional PS5 accessories which I could also get to accompany the console. After spending hours online trying to redeem this offer, I finally gave up and decided to call the EE customer upgrades department. I was told by the EE representative that the reason why I was having issues with redeeming this offer was the fact that I had to have a minimum of 18 months remaining on my contract. This actually made sense to me now as I was out of contract and had a sim only plan. I was reassuring in good faith that to be eligible for this offer, all I needed to do was to upgrade my phone and enter into another 24 month contract with EE. I was a little hesitant at first as my current phone is a Huawei P30 pro and is still fit for purpose. I decided to upgrade to a iPhone 12, which I made abundantly clear to the EE representative that I only doing to be eligible for the PlayStation 5 offer. I even told her that I had was still going to use my Huawei P30 pro as my main phone and I would use the iPhone 12 as a offline music player for my Spotify account. I was advised that as soon as received the handset, to go online to the EE shop and to claim my PS5 as a add-on to my new 24 month contract. I was expecting my new handset to be delivered on the 3rd November and I was ecstatic. I even told my friends and family that EE was an amazing network and provided an excellent service. I have received my phone today, I went online to claim this offer and have been told that I'm not eligible. I haven't been given a reason and I am absolutely fuming. I can't believe that EE would mislead their valued customers in such a despicable way. 

2 REPLIES 2
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Hardy__420 

Welcome to the EE Community,

The PS5 bundles are currently out of stock.

you can register for updates for when the PS5 will be available to order here.

Thanks,

David.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hardy_420

Welcome to the community, we'll do our best to help.

When did you upgrade and receive your new iPhone? Does it allow you to add any other add to plan device to the basket?

Chris