cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PAYG Mobile Cancelled without Warning

AP95
Contributor
Contributor

I received a text message today saying: "Hi, just a reminder that you need to make a chargeble call/text or use data otherwise you may lose your number and any available credit". This was the first time that I received any such message and it appears to have immediately closed my EE/Orange account.

I tried to send a text as soon as I saw the text (30 minutes after it arrived), but received an "Unidentified subscriber" message. I receive the same message with every number I try to call or text.

How can I have my account reopened when I cannot call customer services and can find no live chat or email to contact EE/Orange? I am overseas and do not have access to another phone to call them. It is very important that I have a phone and in particular that my UK number remains active as I am expecting several important phone calls. 

16 REPLIES 16

There are no free overseas numbers. You need credit. Hence the discons.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks, but I think the problem is more than lack of credit as no one can call me either. The call disconnects on them. Unless the tarriff changed in the last week, it is free for me to receive calls overseas. Shouldn't other people be able to call me even when I have no credit? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Are you within the EU and do you have an active pay as you go pack, @AP95?

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I am in the EU, but I do not have a PAYG pack now that I used up the last of my credit 5 days ago. I tried calling customer services to top up before using the last of my credit, but it did not go through. I used my credit making a chargable call as the Orange text requested, thinking that would reset my account, but it clearly did not work.

The problem was solved with the help of the Community Team and Customer Services. Smiley Happy

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

That's great @AP95 🙂

Thanks for coming back and letting us know!

Jon

@AP95 I'd really appreciate if you could share how this was resolved. My account has also just been cancelled for no reason. I top up every month. I use the phone regularly. I didn't receive any text messaging saying it was going to be cancelled. They've just cancelled it and said they can' get my number back.