cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Is there a way I can still receive texts when SIM barred. Due 2 Late payment

Exploration91
Visitor

Is there a way I can still receive texts when SIM barred. Due 2 Late payment. I have messaged and paid a partial payment. But I am still not receiving, calls, texts, data, anything. I'm trying to contact GP or Outpatient clinic to figure if I need the 3rd dose vaccination or a booster, as I do have an immunosuppressive condition but its not clearly listed in government guidelines this time round. But as appointment booking system requires me to receive a text and doesn't offer me an option for using email instead? This may need looking into as could be an issue for many struggling as the hospitality industry and events are being cancelled and my whole 2months worth of shift vanished over night. I was proactive and start new job on the 2nd Jan. But I'm **bleep**ed now, as no help in place, like that provided at the beginning of this **bleep**storm, which helped me to find key worker roles and work continuously throughout the pandemic. Just at wits end and feeling like nothing is being done to address the issue.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, not until payment is settled & SIM reactivated.

Have you contacted EE urgently to discuss your inability to pay on time as per Help if you can't pay your bill ?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Exploration91 

If you need an EE number specifically urgently then get a PAYG SIM in the interim. (From supermarkets etc)

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Exploration91

I am sorry to hear this. 

Please get in touch with our Mobile Care team and they will see what they can do to help you. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Leanne. 

Have you sorted it