cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Mobile data usage

lmazza
Explorer

I received a text saying that I have already used up 80% of data when my monthly contract refreshed only a week ago. It says that I have already used 97.5GB out of 106GB which seems impossible to me, as usually I never use up all my data within a month let alone a week. I believe there's been some sort of mistake, could someone please help me out? Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lmazza  You’ll need to call customer services and speak with them about this.   It’s 150 from your device.  

just a quick question your device reports your data usage, roughly how much have you used in this week ? 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @lmazza ,

In addition to the above good advice, does the following link confirm the information advised in the text message?

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi @mikeliuk @Chris_B thanks for your suggestions. I have just checked the link that Mike has sent and it shows that I have 97.4GB left out of 106GB, so I must have misread it as having used up 97.4GB. Nevertheless, I am unsure why I still received the text message about using up 80%?

Could you post the exact text of the message you received?

Hi @lmazza ,

I would be tempted to ignore the issue unless it happens again.

Probably best to keep some screenshots of the data amount in case some hiccup happens and you need to prove the amount you currently have. Good luck!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net