cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PAC code

razzaly
Visitor

So i'm already with EE and i intend to stay with them but i need to go onto a different contract as i can get a student discount. I called 150 and they gave me a PAC code that was invalid as it was only for use if I was transferring to another account. I've been told to call again but then to only call if it's urgent. Very confused. 

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @razzaly 

A PAC is to enable you to transfer your mobile number to another network provider and in doing, cancel your existing account.

If what you want is just to make changes to your EE account, then you will need to, and are allowed to, speak to C/S on 150.

Be aware that if you want to take out a new connection with EE in order to use a discount code you have, you won't be able to take your existing number with you. Unless you want to faff around with porting your number to another provider, and then port it back to EE as a new customer, then a new connection/new contract will mean a new number.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @razzaly

Thanks for coming to the community.

You can upgrade your current contract if you are eligible and add the student discount, you can find out more on our Student Discounts Help page 🙂

You must join or upgrade via ee.co.uk and provide us with your Student Beans code before placing an order.

The discount cannot be applied retrospectively and will be applied to one eligible price plan only.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Leanne.