cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PAC code

ClaireIngall85
Visitor

I am leaving EE and have got my PAC code in order to keep my number. My question is if my contract ends of 27th November is it possible to order a new phone online with another company a few days early (to allow for delivery time) to ensure I’m not phone less without incurring early contract termination fees? (Hope that makes sense!)

1 REPLY 1
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @ClaireIngall85 ,

A new phone plus SIM can be ordered from another service provider as early or as late as you desire.

I would recommend to deliberately order earlier and deliberately have some weeks of overlap to ensure your new SIM with the new service provider is stable using the temporary number before porting your EE number into the new service provider.

Sometimes we read of people rushing to port numbers and finding an unstable replacement service and that presents lots of difficulties as regards minimum term periods and early termination charges. If you delay the port until you are certain the new network is suitable for your area, there should be no complications appearing later.

It is recommended to order your new phone and SIM online so that you should have a cooling off period to return in case you need to do that.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net