cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

£125 charges 087 helpline call

Carolaros
Visitor

On the 2nd of November I called the British airways helpline. Lines were busy, 1st call didn’t resolve my query, 2nd call got cut off, few answer machines and all this resulted y a bill of over £125. I am in shocked. How is possible that you call a help line and you have to pay a distorsione amount on calls. I want to put a formal complaint about this. Where can I do this? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Carolaros

Welcome to the EE Community. 

When calling these numbers you’ll be charged an access charge and a service charge. 

The access charge is the amount charged by EE and the service charge is charged by the organisation you’re calling. The amount of the service charge is set by them, and should be stated anywhere the number is advertised.

The access charge and service charge will appear separately in the itemised section of your bill but may not be listed next to each other.

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Katie 🙂

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Carolaros : Why are you calling a 087 no., which are highly chargeable on all networks, for a BA helpline? It is easy to find a standard, within your calls allowance, no. for BA as 0344 493 0787. Ofcom ruled some years ago that businesses must not use 087 & 084 nos for CS. I suspect you were led astray by a Google search or an out-of-date webpage.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You should think twice about ringing any 08 numbers, especially from a Mobile, the only exception are the three Freefone Numbers, which are

You should also not call any Mobile Number starting with 070 or 076 as these are not Mobile they are Personal or Premium Rate Numbers.

As @XRaySpeX points out 03 Numbers are Mobile Friendly as they are included within your Mobile Calling Plan and are the same as calling 01 and 02 prefixes.

Lastly never call 09 Prefixes from a Mobile.