cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Oppo A72 with Nintendo switch - 30 days + waiting & missed christmas

Sufjanspirit
Explorer

I ordered the above deal on the 26th November and promptly received the phone, which is working great.

However, having contacted EE several times directly via phone, with no luck of any solution, I am posting here. 

The first time I phoned up, they said everything was fine and I should receive a text the next day - which I have never received - and that I WILL receive the Nintendo switch on the 21st December. Happy, with this I left it. 

Second phone call advised that I have to wait until the 21st until enquiring again, even though I had not received any confirmation text of when this would be sent. I explained this would be too late for christmas if I was only enquiring at this point, to which I was told that was the only option. Grudingly, I accepted and left it.

I called on the 21st as instructed as I had not received any confirmation of any device being sent out. The gentleman (Jonathon, I believe) was the most understanding, and said that the offer had not been applied to my account properly, and that is why I had not received the Nintendo Switch. He said that, at this point, he had to do a webform to another department, who would then act on this within 3 days. He said I should hear something from them before Christmas, but that there was no guarantee I would receive the Nintendo Switch by then. He never mentioned anything about stock levels, merely that the offer hadn't been applied correctly and therefore I wouldn't receive one without enquiring.

The two previous calls could, and should, have noticed this but didn't. Very frustrated that this would miss Christmas, Jonathon advised to call on Christmas eve, although at that point it is clear that nothing would have been sorted for christmas anyway. 

At this point I still have not received any message from EE about the device being delivered, or from the other department regarding a solution. 

Fourth call earlier today, gentleman simply had an attitude of not being bothered, said that he had spoken to someone else but couldn't put me through, and that I will get a call later today. I don't believe I will.

I am VERY angry that this has happened - it is not without myself consistently checking with EE if everything is ok, if there is anything that requires to be done, if everything is correct. And yet, 30 days later, I have no Nintendo Switch, and no notification of any action from anyone at EE at any point. 

Can someone please support, advise or come up with a solution? The person this was intended for is extremely upset that she cant play with most of her christmas presents, because the device to play them on isn't here. 

Thanks,

Sufjanspirit.

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Sufjanspirit

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am so sorry to hear you have not yet received any notification of your gift with purchase. 

The call back which was arranged for yesterday, did you receive this?

If yes what was advised?

Speak shortly, 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie,

No call received yesterday. Still no notification. Still no solution.

Thanks

Bruce

[RGU logo. RGU – Scottish University of the Year – The Times Good University Guide 2021]

Robert Gordon University, a Scottish charity registered under charity number SC 013781.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Robert Gordon University.

Thank you.
Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Sufjanspirit

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Katie 🙂

I have had exactly the same disappointment and have been told I am eligible, a case has been opened n closed and still nothing, what do I do as I have got an extra big phone bill just to get a switch that I do not have 

Please can anyone help?!

James_B

Hi @Lh31,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to chase up your free gift if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

Many thanks
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android