cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

OnePlus 7 pro 5G - Android 11 ??

Djdreamy
Explorer

I see that all OnePlus 7 and 7 pro and 7T etc have had their android 11 update....where is Android 11 for the OnePlus 7 pro 5G phone ? 🤔📱1️⃣1️⃣ I only today received 10.0.11 but nowhere on the world wide Web is there such information for this particular Fohn ! GM1920 model.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Djdreamy,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

You'll receive a notification on your phone as soon as the manufacturer makes any new updates available for your device.

James

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
James_B

Hi @Djdreamy,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

You'll receive a notification on your phone as soon as the manufacturer makes any new updates available for your device.

James

Leerussell81
Explorer

Still no sign of the update.... Very disappointing!

As it's the 5G update the phone manufacturer would have passed this to EE for network configuration and testing. 

All non 5G updates are pushed by the manufacturer which is why those devices already have them. 

The issue is EE seem to have dropped OnePlus from their available phones so the likelihood is they have de-prioritised this device in favour of oppo, Google and Samsung.

EE will have to test the OnePlus 7 pro 5G with their infrastructure before OnePlus will release the update. As customers we do not have visibility of their development and testing backlog but I bet it's in there at the bottom of the pile. 

In short EE should be able to tell the end users that they have completed testing the phone and Android 11 update with the 5G infrastructure and that it is back with oneplus to go into their rollout schedule. That information should be available to their support. 

My bet is as I said EE haven't completed testing and given OnePlus authorisation to release it. This is normally the case.

Great reply and exactly what I was thinking. This is clearly a network delay issue. 

I note that the other 7 models have just received a second A11 update today too. 

Not only that, but almost two months later the Oneplus nord has been updated to Android 11, while we still have no update.

Incredibly disappointing. Here we were, thinking we were opting into a premium device...

Bumping this thread as I would also like to know when EE customers will be receiving this update, that is already widely available to everyone besides EE customers.

Leanne_T

Hi @Louioo

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

The manufacturer (OnePlus) has made several updates available for the OnePlus 7 Pro - they have already started rolling out Android 11.0.3.1

This is extremely disappointing. They are now rolling out android 12 for oneplus phones and here I am with my 7 pro 5g still stuck with android 10. When will we receive the 11 update???