cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Location Permission Needed

Wightknight
Investigator
Investigator

Yesterday I received this text message from EE:

"Great news! We've updated some of your network settings, please restart your phone to make sure it's up to date"

After restarting the phone (Pixel 5 on Android 12), the Google Weather widget displayed the message "Location permission needed."

I have checked the Permissions settings for the Google app and Location is set to "Allow all the time" and "Use precise location" is turned on. These are the settings that the widget should require.

Has anyone else had similar problems or ideas on how to fix the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wightknight

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you still getting this message after checking your settings? 

If so, have you tried turning location services off and back on again?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I get similar issues following a reboot. I suspect the phone is still processing its permissions as widgets start and it just hasn't finished rebooting when the app requests location permission. causing the warning. They usually go away fairly quickly.

Hi Leanne,

Yes, I tried that. I turned location services off, restarted the phone and then turned them back on.

It didn't change anything. The problem still exists

Thanks for your comment.

I had left the phone overnight and the problem still persists.

Hi @Wightknight ,

Does GPS work ok with the Google Maps app which might suggest the issue is specific to this widget?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net