cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Number transfer

Iwo1
Visitor

Hi -please help…I have been with o2 for last 10 years.Decided to change to EE due to better signal in my area.I closed my account with o2 ,in EE shop apparently everything was sorted and my number would be transferred on Friday…that did not happen…can someone advise me what I suppose to do now ? Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Iwo1 :

• If you close your O2 account before porting to EE, you've lost your number.
  • If you don't close your O2 account before porting to EE, your account is auto closed when you port to EE. 
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Iwo1 ,

Hope it's ok that I ask a sanity check question: did you a) provide an O2 PAC to EE directly in an EE shop and EE told you the number would be transferred, or b) cancel your contract directly with O2 without requesting a PAC ?

It's possible if you did things correctly, your number may already have been transferred if EE told you that your old number would be transferred.

If EE told you your old number has been transferred but the indicated timescale has significantly overrun, then you would want to check with EE on what they previously advised to you and what the delay is.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net