cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

No service after ordering new phone!

Newtocomm
Explorer

Iv just ordered a new phone and by no surprise ee forgot to send a new sim card which the new phone needed so i asked them to send me one yesterday, my sim card in my current phone stopped working about two hours ago and just says NO SERVICE, i havent got my new phone or new sim yet, ee is so bad, no1 notified me of anything like this would happen

5 REPLIES 5
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Newtocomm ,

It's sad to hear of the bad experience you are currently having and I hope EE takes on board your feedback to communicate better with customers.

From reading on these forums, it seems that the service provider routinely sends a SIM with new phones so you may find another SIM when the phone eventually arrives. And it's possible that SIM is present to avoid the situation you find yourself in.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Newtocomm 

You cannot have two Sims active on the same account. If you've order a new SIM then your current SIM is deactivated. 

If you could have obtained a SIM immediately from any EE store.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Newtocomm,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Your SIM is usually included with the paperwork inside the DPD bag, rather than in the phone box. Have you checked through those items?

James

I havent recieved the new phone yet! And i cant call 150 as i have no service...

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Newtocomm,

There should be a new SIM included with your phone. Did someone contact you to say this wouldn't be the case?

James