cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

No 2.4ghz network in my area

m0rris0n1
Contributor
Contributor

I have a 4GEE box that I have been having issues with for some time now (signal dropping out, no network, etc).  I currently have just the 5ghz network and the 2.4 network has disappeared. So some new devices work and other older ones like a sky box cannot be connected (although I also get a message on 5ghz that tells me the wifi network uses an older 'security standard' so I cannot visit some secure pages on that as well). Not really sure what to do as the EE technicians I called say my box is faulty so I would like to take it back to the shop for fixing but EE have told me that their current policy is not to provide a replacement which is a problem as I work from home.

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @m0rris0n1

Thanks for coming back to us.

I would suggest giving our Tech Gurus another call so they can help you get the 4GEE WiFi device repaired if this is faulty.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

Spoke to them a couple of times and they could not fix it even using the settings on 168.192. They suggested returning it to the store and getting it fixed. So I called EE and they arranged a time and gave me the store details. I called them and said I would need a replacement box while mine was being fixed as I work from home so I rely on the wifi to do my job. The store said that EE have changed there policies and do not provide replacements and will not be doing so for some time.

Recently my 4GEE has got worse and worse. Started with just losing the network whenever I tried to download anything including when a recording starts on my sky box, and now I can't use my home office as I have no 2.4ghz network. I am essentially paying £50 a month for something that doesn't work and EE won't even replace it. Now that I work from home I rely on this to do my job. The way I see it is users agree to pay you money and you agree to provide the service we pay for. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @m0rris0n1.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with our Tech Gurus again.

They will be best placed to help you with this as they will be able to access your account and run through troubleshooting steps.

Jon