cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New to EE sim only

Jayk5
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve joined EE today and called up to transfer my old network number to EE but my question is can I still activate my EE sim with the new number whilst waiting for the transfer to happen?

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jayk5   Yes you can just put the sim in your device as you’ll get needs to be active when your number migrated to it.   

Thank you and I understand yes I’ve done that but please what I mean when it gets to this part of activation process, which number should I put, the EE or my number I’m transferring to? 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jayk5

If your number port has not completed then you will be required to enter the temporary number provided. 

Katie 🙂

Just tried doing that twice now and it says there’s something wrong; so I can’t activate my sim, please what can I do? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jayk5,

Your new SIM should be activated and ready to use.

Are you trying to register for My EE?

Thanks

James

Before I was trying to do it from this: https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/activate-sim

But it wasn’t working 

this morning I’ve now registered online using the EE number (Just waiting for the transfer to happen) and thanks so as long as you said it’s now activated then I’ll just leave out the process above

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Jayk5.

Let us know when it's completed, or if you need any further help.

Jon