cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Netflix smart benefit

Andrew_LT
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i noticed that ee has now included Netflix as a smart benefit will this be available to the sim only full works plan i use a iphone by the way i also just upgraded to a sim only full works plan.

13 REPLIES 13
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Andrew_LT 

My guess would be no. Apple probably won't allow EE to sell a plan with Netflix for the same reason that Amazon Prime Video isn't a smart benefit on the Apple plan.

They want Apple users to pick their own service.

My ideal plan would be Apple TV, Netflix and Roam Abroad. It's not going to happen.

Hi @chistery 

I get what you are saying but if you look on the terms & conditions (Attached image) on the smart benefits page where it says how to get Netflix t&cs it says smart benefits plans and full works plans taken from 7th July 2021 can choose Netflix as a smart benefit I upgraded to the full works plan on the 7th august 2021…. I did phone in and asked it did sound like it was true and it was going to be included but then i asked someone else to double check then they said no it wont be….to be honest i dont know what to think maybe because its a new smart benefit not everyone knows the full information about it yet but it does state it in the terms & conditions that it should be included unless its written wrong and its a error…. Don’t really know though.

Hi @Andrew_LT

I hope you're well and having a nice weekend, are you up to much or is it a chilled one? 

I love a good Netflix binge so totally get that you must be itching to get this sorted, let's see what we can do. 

If you go onto you My EE app and go to Plans and Add-ons - then Smart Benefits does Netflix show on the list of Smart Benefits at all? 

Thanks 

Chris

Hi @Christopher_B 

Yes I’m good thanks how about your self?

Nope no Netflix showing.

I'm good thank you I appreciate you asking @Andrew_LT

I've looked into this a little more and the offer is only for customers using Android devices, sorry.

Thanks 

Chris

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I am assuming this is the same as Brtitbox. On the Full works for iPhone plan, you can't have Britbox as a smart benefit either. It's Apple TV or nothing. 

The Full works plan for Android doesn't have Apple TV.

@Christopher_B so if I start using a android device I will get the option your saying to select Netflix as a smart benefit

I only got a sim only 

@chistery do you know where I can see the option to buy the android full works plan sim only on the ee site cause I can only see 1 sim only full works plan on the site 

@Andrew_LT Yes if you make the switch to an Android handset you will be able to use Netflix.

All you'll need to do it let us know when you've made the switch. 

Thanks 

Chris