cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Need to replace Handset

MiniPeeps
Investigator
Investigator

I'm halfway through my contract so I'm not due for an upgrade but my handset needs replacing after it fell out of my bag onto the road and cracked the screen and the power button is loose too! What I want to know is - do I have to buy the exact same model as I already have, it's a Motorola G8 Plus - or can I use a slight variation such as Motorola G8 Power or G8 Power Lite? I understand that it would need to be an unlocked handset. Sorry if it seems like an obvious question but I've not had to do this before, never damaged my phone before.

2 REPLIES 2
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @MiniPeeps sorry to hear about your phone accident.  If the sim card within is ok then you could use most modern phones in theory and simply insert your existing sim card.  I tend to buy refurbished phones (circa 2 years old) which are 'guaranteed unlocked', these are much cheaper than buying a new one outright.

Thanks for replying @wardi I hoped that was the case but wanted to check before I go ahead and buy a new handset tomorrow, luckily my sim card wasn't damaged at all so that's one less thing to worry about.