cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

My number got deactivated while I am abroad

dhanraj24
Visitor

My number got deactivated while I am abroad. When I say deactivated means it is still picking up network in country where I am currently but I used to get messages and incoming calls but stopped getting all.

May be as I am Outside UK no topped up for more than 6 months.

So I topped up my number with £5 topup which is successful still my card is not activated.

could you please suggest how to get it reactivated back in order to get calls. 

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dhanraj24

Welcome to the community.

If it's been deactivated for inactivity, you would need to speak to our Mobile Care team to get it re-activated.

You can find our contact numbers, including an international number on the get in touch help page.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dhanraj24

Welcome to the community.

If it's been deactivated for inactivity, you would need to speak to our Mobile Care team to get it re-activated.

You can find our contact numbers, including an international number on the get in touch help page.

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@dhanraj24  you need to make a chargeable call or text every 179 days to keep your Sim card active.   Topping up your account will not reactivate your SIM card.   Also depending on where you are you also might be charged to receive text messages so you’ll need credit so receive these.  

@Chris_B : You are never charged to receive texts wherever you are.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX   This was from 3 weeks ago so really, and the word might doesn’t mean you will.  

Yes, I know, @Chris_B . This old thread turned up unread today when it wasn't yesterday. So I corrected it. I guess somebody moved it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)