cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

My contract ended, I got a PAC code, unlocked my phone and transfer failed.

Jonothankh
Investigator
Investigator

Three (my new provider) say that EE have not handed over the required documents needed to transfer my number. I've done everything required by EE as listed on the site, even calling 150 to talk about leaving and getting a PAC code and getting my Pixel 2 XL unlocked.

All the while I'm being charged for this time that EE won't hand over those documents.

Additional notes: I wanted to stay on EE, however when I asked to be put on Pay as you go before I get a new contract with the Pixel 5 when it comes out, there were no options that weren't another contract or remaining paying the same amount even though I've paid off the phone. Just a temporary Pay as you go package would have worked great.

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

There's no reason why you couldn't have been moved to PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Have you any advice as to what to do about the transfer and how to get EE to hand over the required documents?

Haven't the faintest what docs are used between providers. Thought it was just the PAC.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Jonothankh You've given 3 your PAC, that's all you should need to do.

As @XRaySpeX has alluded to, I can see 2 feasible issues here...

1: There is a problem with the port - 3, as your new provider, should raise this and liaise with EE (as old provider) if necessary.

2: There is a process issue at 3's end, which only 3 can resolve.

By giving 3 your PAC, my understanding is that you've used the code and therefore given EE notice to leave.

As an aside, I don't see any reason you couldn't have just moved to PAYG either - but that's irrelevant now the PAC has been used.

So I called EE, who for some reason gave me a new PAC code (I didn't ask for one) and then Three got pretty annoyed when I messaged them and said that I'd have to wait longer now. I have a feeling this is Three's fault.

EE did kindly offer to refund me extra time, however, I did also find out that there were inconsistencies between their texted bill cost and what it really was, which they apologised for and refunded also.

From what I can tell, neither side has any idea why this is happening and both networks say they are making an attempt to contact each other but both say they've not heard anything.

This is like 90-day Fiancé MOBILE NETWORK EDITION

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jonothankh,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You've done the right thing in contacting your new network. They'll liaise with our number porting team and get this resolved for you.

Thanks

James