cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

My account has been closed and I can't make payment

Oztg
Explorer

Hi, my account has been closed since I'm not in the UK I wasn't using my sim at all and I forgot to pay my bill. I can't pay my bill through EE app, website so I tried to call EE and tried to pay from there but every time I choose to pay my bill it says "there is a problem with your payment" and directs me to the customer service. The problem is, the average waiting time is 30 minutes every time I call and calling an international number is pretty expensive. Can you help me please?

3 REPLIES 3
_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hey there, 

When did you stop paying your phone bills / how many payments have you missed? 

If they've got to the point where they've restricted then ultimately closed your account, it may be a case of they've referred your debt to an external debt collector. 

I'd either keep holding for customer services (I see in other posts that they recommend calling using a voip provider such as Skype) or see if anyone can pick your mail up at your UK address. This should give some further insight as to what stage this is all at.

Hope you get this sorted soon

I made my last payment on September do you think it's already been passed to an external debt collector? And thank you I'll do that.

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Actually, that does sound a bit soon to be passed externally.

If you've missed Octobers payment and potentially Novembers (depending on the date) then hopefully it's still sat with EE and customer care can resolve.