cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Mini WiFi. Changed PW. Want to change Key

Tinkkisses
Explorer

Hi

i have changed the password on my WiFi mini ( the under the battery cover password). But really wanted to change the WiFi key to something easier to remember. How do I do that?  Step by step instructions required as very not techy 

thanks

T xx

13 REPLIES 13

it's a mini router. And the mistake is mine. I didn't notice there is both a "key" and a "password." When I said it works, I meant using the key connected me to WiFi. I used the password to get to the 192.168.1.1 and make changes.

Sorry for the confusion on my part. And thanks,

Charles

@Carlo60 : "Key" and "Password" are used interchangeably for the WiFi security code.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I can't change password either. Msge says password (inside cover) is incorrect. I'm new to this forum and can't work out how to see replies to the same query other people have asked about. Can anyone help? Thank you T

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @TrishVB

Thanks for coming here.

Have you changed the password previously?

If not, have you tried using admin as the password?

Leanne.