cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Locked EE device with eSIM and SIM from another network

tassos_hara
Investigator
Investigator

If my phone is locked to EE and I add a physical SIM from another network and an eSIM from EE would both numbers work?

If so would I be able to receive on my EE smart watch text messages from both numbers?

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @tassos_hara 

Until your device is unlocked your second SIM won't work. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks a lot. Is there a new law that does not allow for locked phones to be sold in the UK? 

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locke...

Hi @tassos_hara 

From December 2021 it is currently November 2021. 

If as per your original question your device is locked and over 6 months old then you should follow the process here to unlock.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/unlock-your-phone/unlock-a-ee-device-to...

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks once more

So regardless of whether 6 months have passed would I be able to unlock it in 3 days and use a second sim from another carrier is my question

@tassos_hara   On your device go to settings>general>about and scroll down to network provider lock. If it say no sim restrictions your device is already unlocked.    And yes you can use a sim from a different network.   Your watch will only receive text from the other network when it’s connected to your phone via Bluetooth. 

@tassos_hara : No, from Dec. 2021 networks are prevented from selling locked devices. That does not apply to devices already sold by the networks before Dec. 2021. Those were  allowed to be sold locked to the network & with EE won't be unlocked until 6 months old if on contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)