cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ipad Pro 5G

_Steve-W
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi All,

Only a quick one...

Just didn't know if anyone had started receiving any information around the processing &/or shipping of their Ipad Pro 5G pre-orders that they had made yet?

Just for reference and comparison, I have ordered the 12.9 Pro 256GB on 30/4 at 1:21pm (when the website actually loaded showing the 5G's as order-able! 🙂)

Thanks and good luck!

Steve

254 REPLIES 254

Just to be clear, the 11 inch IPad is being shipped out without problems, but according to what I have read, with the 12.9 inch IPad, getting the Display XDR, they are having delays in getting them, although they have received some, but not enough supply, so there could be delays depending when orders went through and how many they have been able to ship out, this is according to reports on 9TO5Mac and Bloomberg, so let us hope we receive them, fingers crossed!

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Well then, I am baffled that Apple and any intermediate suppliers/distributors do not provide estimated delivery dates for stocks to EE. The whole thing is a big mess IMO. The reason I like ordering from Apple direct is they always provide exact dates with their estimates. EE just says "🤷"

If EE have not been given dates, then they cannot provide any updates to when, and we may still receive them, usually receive notification in the evening, this happened to me with my IPhone 12 Pro Max, so let us wait and see, I was just giving advice from what I have read.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

The same question was asked a week or so ago without a definitive date being given.

The Apple UK website still says "Available second half of May" - guess it will be soon then!

Lyle1
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Mustrum apple updated its newsroom to say iPads releasing 21st of may. Also on macrumors the 12.9 inch models are being delivered tomorrow from the likes of apple and other networks. Quite surprised With EE…

MLCoutts81
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah same here. iPad Pro 12.9” 512Gb. Still awaiting confirmation. Official release tomorrow. Preorders from Apple meant to start arriving tomorrow. 

Not to spread panic - but if you were order from Apple this week, the expected delivery is 21 Jun - 5 Jul. Preorders for us I guess all depend on what stock they get and the ‘first come first served basis’ of when you ordered. The 12.9” is supplied constrained due to the global shortages in chip and LED tech. Thursday is EEs stock day I’ve been told so maybe updates will come into the evening. 

It is a bit frustrating that when you speak to EE they have the - it’s behind another menu, computer says no kind of approach to estimated dates.

_Steve-W
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @MLCoutts81 ,

I guess it will be when it will be.

I was just curious if and when others were receiving updates on shipping etc. Just interesting to know when they ordered and what model, just gives us as much an insight into the supply-chain as we’re likely to get if we collate enough user info.

BR,

Steve

I was literally gonna say exactly the same. It’ll come when it comes obv nothing anyone can do. 
New tech and being patient doesn’t correlate well tho😂
So will think good to see what people ordered and when and see when others to get their shipping texts 

I ordered 12.9 1tb on 30/4. I got the text with a pin to change shipping address to work address at 13.21 

_Steve-W
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

On a funny note, it's good to see that EE's stock descriptions are as wrong as usual! 😂Screenshot 2021-05-21 072020.png

'In Stock' on iPad Pro 11 and delivery within one day

'In Stock on iPad Pro 12.9 and delivery when we receive stock

So... the Pro 12.9 isn't in stock then is it! 😂

Absolute doughnuts... Gotta laugh anyway, as at least on the order tracking screen you now get the obligatory weekly update to your order, with no actual tangible information in it, just them setting an auto-message to let us know they haven't forgotten about us! 🙂.

Normally it would frustrate me, but now I just have to find it funny, it's not life or death after all!

Tomavrd
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah, I noticed that this morning..  was hoping for a launch day delivery but alas no.

I ordered at about half 1 on preorder day, and was told that EE would have stock for delivery today..   never mind.  Its a bit frustrating when you order from EE and get little or no information - especially when pretty much every other company has logistics tracked around the world.

I suspect this is an Apple issue, I can't imagine EE wants to sit on stock when they could be billing customers, but still wish I had my device for the weekend... 

I ordered 12.9, 256GB in Space Gray.