cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ipad Pro 5G

_Steve-W
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi All,

Only a quick one...

Just didn't know if anyone had started receiving any information around the processing &/or shipping of their Ipad Pro 5G pre-orders that they had made yet?

Just for reference and comparison, I have ordered the 12.9 Pro 256GB on 30/4 at 1:21pm (when the website actually loaded showing the 5G's as order-able! 🙂)

Thanks and good luck!

Steve

254 REPLIES 254

@WS1995 yes you shouldn’t be that much more behind me. I rang up EE yesterday afternoon before I got the text from DPD and they couldn’t tell me what was happening to my order. they even tried to get me to cancel it and try for a different model. Then about 2hours later got the DPD message.  I’m so glad I didn’t listen to EE and stuck to my original order. by the way it is a lovely piece of kit and you will definitely be pleased with it when yours comes. 

WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Paulkimber77 Thanks.

I currently own a 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 4G tablet (128GB) in space grey so it will essentially just be an upgrade for me, I wanted to upgrade to allow me to give my current iPad, worth roughly £550-£600 to a family member who is still using an iPad 2 from 2012 which is running at a snail’s pace. They are fantastic bits of kit I will agree.

WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Paulkimber77 

I got a text this morning from EE saying my 1gb data boost had been added to my account, I wondered if this was my new tablet plan. 

Upon logging into my account, I can see three numbers, when I previously had two (iPhone 12 pro and Apple Watch series 6), and sure enough under plan details I now see my tablet plan, “Tablet essential 2gb 24 months £105”, although I got a 20% discount for being in the emergency services, so it’s actually £84/month.

As this plan has been added to the account, I assume it means my tablet is due for arrival imminently? They’ve not added the plan before, so it seems most likely that as it has just now been added it will be due for delivery anytime now, meaning in the next day or two.

Still waiting for the text from DPD/EE to confirm. But this is what happened when I ordered the 11 inch iPad Pro before I returned it, I got the text and the plan was added and tablet arrived the next day, granted they were in stock for next day delivery back then.

@WS1995 , You should get notification from DPD soon, probably on Sunday, that delivery will be the next day, as it is the weekend. You can also check in My EE and track your order.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Schockwave Correct. As I had hoped it has finally been received and is on it’s way to me, should be arriving tomorrow? Unless DPD don't deliver Sundays. Their website says they do.... From order date to delivery tomorrow is 50 days.

The text message says it's on the way to me and DPD should let me know with a delivery slot. So I'd assume it's coming tomorrow. When DPD deliver to my address I usually get their texts late night prior to delivery or early the following morning with the 1 hour slot.

1BBEA6E3-0D50-4576-9CBE-8AA123995979.jpeg