cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How long should it take to receive a Free SIM card from EE

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

A week to 10 days ago, I worked with the most amazing Customer Service Associate from the Service Team in Ireland.  Her name is Maxine, and she was spectacular!

Maxine was going to send out a Free SIM for me to put in the unlocked phone I'm buying.

In light of the fact that this past weekend was a Bank Holiday Weekend, and taking into account the virus situation - How long should it take for me to receive the Free SIM?

I want to be reasonable about what to expect, but I'm also excited to get started.

Appreciate it if someone can tell me what to anticipate...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello to Everyone Who Kindly Helped Me,

Just wanted to let everyone know that with your help, my phone is now set up to work exactly the way I'd like it to work.  After I worked w/David (Ireland Svc Team) yesterday, the last of my concerns was tackled.

And, I'm happy to say that today, I should be able to talk to my family in the USA for the First Time since I became stranded here by the virus late Feb/early March.

Thank you to Maxine (Ireland Svc Team), Katie (ee Community Support), Chris (ee Community Support, XRaySpeX (Grand Master), and David (Ireland Service Team).

Couldn't have done it without you - Thank you again

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @CalamityJane

Thanks for coming to the community. 

It's great to hear about the excellent service you received from Maxine. 

A sim should take 3-5 days to be with you. 

You can order another EE pay as you go SIM online or give us a call to chase the existing order. 

You will need to call us on 150 from a EE handset or 0800 079 8586 from any landline or provider. 

Katie.

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Katie B,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've decided to give in another day, and if it still hasn't arrived in the Post, I'll forget about chasing it, and contact ee on 150 to start again.

Based on this exchange, I'm ever so glad I joint the Community.  It's simple to join, simple to use, and it works great!

Thanks again,

CalamityJane

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

AND, if I had read Katie B's response correctly the first time, The Community would be even better!!  Well, you have to laugh at yourself sometimes.  I will give it another day for the original Free SIM to arrive.

If it doesn't, I will go online, and order up another one - which is the advice that Katie B actually gave me (Think I got it right this time Katie B)

Laughing at myself again - I didn't "joint" the community - I joined the community.  Now you'll understand why I picked the name CalamityJane

Katie_B

Hi @CalamityJane

You can also order this online.

Please let us know how you get on.

Katie 🙂

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you again for all your advice Katie B.  I decided that tomorrow is my deadline, and if my Free SIM doesn't arrive in the post, I will take action to replace the one that went missing.  Stay Well and I'll keep checking into the Community since it has a lot of great information.

Katie_B

I look forward to seeing you around the community @CalamityJane

Take care, 

Katie 🙂

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Hi Katie - It's CalamityJane one more time with three more questions:

1. Saw another conversation about PAYG packs. You were letting the Community know there were new ones. I'd like to know if there have been any changes or updates to the International Add On for the PAYG phones. I plan to place the Add On on my phone so that I can reach business contacts in the US at better rates.
2. Hope to hear 'the original SIM' drop through my mail slot any time. Forgot to ask: Once SIM is installed, is it automatically activated, or do I need to do something to activate it?
3. Last question: If no SIM drops through the mail slot today, and I order another PAYG SIM online - "What is the absolute fastest way to get it into my hands?" I know that the virus is negatively impacting things, but there are some quite urgent banking transactions I need to get sorted in the US, so I'm more than a little bit desperate right now.

Appreciate all your advice & recommendations,

CalamityJane
Katie_B

Hello @CalamityJane

I am not aware of any changes made to our international pack. 

Once your SIM comes you will need to top up to activate, if your SIM does not arrive the quickest way to order a replacement is over the phone or online. 

Katie 🙂

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Katie,

It's CalamityJane again. 

The Great News: My Free PAYG SIM arrived today.  It's installed.  I added two Vouchers so there's credit on the phone.  I called my two local friends, and sent each of them a text, so my phone is officially "activated."

Still three concerns to solve:

(1) Cannot find the International Add On (Call Abroad is the name?).  Tried several searches, but none pulled back instructions how to add to my new phone, and

(2) Maxine, from Ireland Service Team, told me that my 2nd phone & phone number would be 'linked' to my original EE phone and phone number - yet when I looked at account info today, I only saw one phone and one set of details.  Where and how do I get and see info specific to the new phone?

(3) Last concern: Don't know why, but sometimes I can call up my phone info and call details in a snap.  Other times (tonight), I search and search without finding the info (I only find it 'by accident').   I know there's the EE Community, and that's valuable, but is there also a training guide or online tutorial that demos key actions a new user can take?

Thanks for all,

CalamityJane