cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

From old Nokia 1520 to a new 1520 DATA issues now

SSmith60
Investigator
Investigator

Hi folks my first time in the community. Had issues with my old Nokia 1520 (screen issues) Bought a used 1520 locked to EE from ebay. Though it would be straight forward transferring my PAYG sim which i currently use (EE) At my wits end - cannot log into microsoft account, store, emails ect keeps coming up with data issues. Can brows through wifi thats about it. Looking at solution after solution without success changing APN etc ANY ONE help please Missing My Phone access 3rd time full reset without successwp_ss_20210718_0002[1].pngwp_ss_20210718_0001[1].png

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SSmith60,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you unable to log into your Microsoft account during the initial setup of your phone? If not, which error message do you see?

James

Hi James - get onto wifi ok every other action Microsoft, store, email comes up unable to connect

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SSmith69

Are you able to make phone calls and send text messages OK? Does your phone show a good EE signal when WiFi is switched off?

Chris

Yes good signal everything fine, calls, texts and can browse internet thro wifi. Everything else, microsoft account, email add account and store cannot connect

Try changing the last field in the APN Settings from IPV4/6 to IPV4 Only

Note- you may have to set up another Profile and copy across all the Fields to the new Profile the set and save that as your default APN, call the New Profile Name EEipv4only or something like that.

Save and restart phone, check its stil set to the new profile after restart

Thankss but Did not work - loosing faith now

Switch the Phones Data to 3g Only or below and test again