cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Friends & Family Discount with Trade In Discount

stuart2174
Explorer

I'm looking to upgrade to the new iPhone. When I go to upgrade I can see my discount coming off the plan and it shows I will receive the £15 off when they receive my old phone as a trade in.

Could anyone confirm if the F&F discount will continue to show if they apply to £15 off as well? It's only the F&F discount which shows at checkout with it saying the £15 will come off monthly once the old phone is received.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stuart2174

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Does the code work at checkout when you go for trade in? If it does, you'll receive the Family and Friends discount as well as your trade in discount.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Similar problem. Please can you confirm that the total price I will actually pay once I have traded my old phone will be £48.70.

£0.00Pay today
£63.70Monthly cost
Your Basket
iPhone 13 Pro - Trade In256GB GraphiteYour new planFull Works iPhone Plan Unlimited £91
Pay today
£0.00
Phone cost
£0.00
Monthly cost
£63.70
Full Works iPhone Plan Unlimited £91
£91.00
Friends & Family 30% off
-£27.30

Trade In

iPhone TRADE-IN OFFER: You’ve agreed to trade in a good working condition iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone SE 2020 and £15 will be taken off monthly cost on EE price plan for 24 months.

Total cost (including VAT)
Delivery
£0.00
Total pay today
£0.00
Total pay monthly
£63.70

The Friends and Family discount shows but it just states £15 will be at taken off but doesn’t show. I don’t want to send me phone off any lose one or the other discount.

Christopher_G

I can't see anything to say that you can't take a trade in deal with the Family and Friends discount, @stuart2174.

You could take one of the non-trade in deals and do the trade in separately through the trade in website. That way you can choose a lump sum figure, if you prefer.

However, if you still would like the deal you were looking at, I would advise you to ask your friend or family member to check this out through our internal HR pages.

Chris

Hey @Christopher_G, I’m having the same issue. Has anyone seen this resolved??

My wife and I both have iPhones to trade in and both have 20% blue light discount from ee perks. When selecting the trade in option and then applying the discount code the discount code is applied and not the trade in discount. Despite that It continues to say below that I’ve agreed to trade in my iPhone. Well I’m not trading it in if I’m not getting £15 a month off 🤨

I own my phone so trading it in isn’t a discount it’s ee paying me for it, therefore surely the bug needs fixing so I can still take advantage of my blue light discount?

BCCE600D-4FCB-499A-A523-DC87F8B8480B.jpeg

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @GW9123.

Welcome to the community.

It looks like the system may be getting confused as it will only accept one form of discount on the account at a time.

I'd recommend giving our Upgrades Team a call so they can look into this for you and see if they can add both forms of discount.

Jon

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? I am having the same issue. Seems to accept both the discount code and -£15 but only reflects the discount on the checkout price.

Christopher_G

Hi @MM89

I'd recommend following @Jon_K's advice and speak to our Mobile Care team.

Hopefully they can help you order.

Chris